|Posted on November 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM|
Lenormand is not read in single cards as much as in the way the cards combine together to create unique blends. But before you can "cook the Lenormand recipe," you need to know each of the ingredients.
So here are some suggestions for card meanings. These are by no means comprehensive or complete, but a means to get you started. In acutal readings, each of the cards are impacted by the cards beside them. I am heavily influenced by the French systemof reading Lenormand.
To watch the video, click on the image above, or CLICK HERE
1. Rider – messages, moving along, happens quickly, transportation but without an engine (Ship card has a motor), horseback riding
2. Clover - little luck, good, small amount of good fortune, small gamble. Grass
3. Ship – transportation, things with an engine, travel, foreign or foreigner, moving, commerce
4. House – family, tight group, property, house
5. Tree – health, legacy, long time, slow but steady growth, family history or lineage
6. Clouds – confusion, misled, storms, depression, unpleasant person, someone who stirs things up by causing misunderstandings.
7. Snake – deceit, overt lies, envy, jealousy, the other woman, a competing person, a scam that is recognized or seen for what it is, may be an older woman with glasses. May describe something long and thin like wiring, a hose, hurtful bite, snake oil, hurtful person.
8. Coffin – over, painful ending, sickness, a box, grief.
9. Bouquet – big luck, a gift,talent, present, flowers, something beautiful, surprise
10. Scythe – harvest, cut, hurt, surgery, fast elimination, sarcasm, dry wit, sharp words, sharp tools or objects, danger, pain, pruned away
11. Rod/Whip– repetitive pattern, over and over, sweeping away, painful, punishment, abuse, debates or verbal altercation, sex
12. Birds– voice, talking, gossip, singing, small meetings of people, two people, used to mean an older couple, talking by phone, some use for “pairs” or two of something. Next to a harsh card like the Scythe it can mean gossip, chatter
13. Child– innocent, naïve, just starting out, youth, a son or daughter, small, child-like, new
14. Fox– covert lies, undercover, manipulator, wears a mask, deceiver, liar, scam artist or conman, clever, charming with bad intent, using cunning street smarts, could mean a small job or source of income, avocation or work, clever, cunning
15. Bear – Boss or authority figure, manager, strength, burly, large job, motherly, financial worth, watches over
16. Stars– hope, aspiration, visible, networking, internet, metastasizing, a wish, many of something, something at night, spreading
17. Stork– migrates, moving, relocating, changes, long legs, birth/delivery, cycles
18. Dog– loyal, friend, trustworthy, dependable, a pet
19. Tower– corporate, large office job, hierarchy of people, solitude or isolation (Rapunzel), boundaries, alone, structured rules
20. Garden– Groups of people, conventions, large meetings or gatherings, celebrations, parties, events in public
21. Mountain– obstacle, long climb, difficult process, uphill climb, heavy process, hard to do, lots of effort and time, roadblock
22. Path/Crossroad– choice, decisions, discernment, two of something, approaching a time ofchange or choices
23.Mice– taking away, thief, stealing, making less than, disease, sickness, worrisome, pests
24. Heart– love, romance, passion, can be a literal heart (heart and scythe would be heart surgery)
25. Ring– promise, commitment, relationship, binding, contract, can be a literal ring, earring, or other piece of jewelry, engagement
26. Book– diary, secrets, learning, knowledge, studies, college or school, training, authoring, publishing (book and tower is a publisher, school or library)
27. Letter– correspondence through writing, emails, letter, by phone, prescription orwritten message, printed materials, fax, a record of something
28. Man– Man client or someone significant to the story who is a male
29. Woman– woman client, or someone significant to the story who is a female
30. Lilies– trust, harmony, elder, innocence, purity, peace
31. Sun– joy, happiness, enlightenment, exposure, electricity, ego, out in the open,shining one’s light, seen,
32. Moon– reputation, the face we put on for the world, how we are seen, psychic, nighttime, dreams, with the Sun and Stars = fame
33. Key– The answer, what unlocks the mystery, the pivot, the important thing to note, enlightenment, the way in, the secret knowledge, ability
34. Fish– money, abundance, an increase, sperm, attention, entrepreneur energy, assets
35. Anchor– setting port, staying put, stable, security, may represent hard work, may mean near the ocean
36. Cross– burden, sacrifice, martyr, oppression, spiritual, fate
For more lessons and free podcasts on learning the Lenormand
Learn more about the secrets of reading tarot at our award-winning educational tarot podcast.
See a listing of all show topics HERE.